Wednesday 31 December 2008

Geyser dripping



So it happened and as with pets and pools etc. on the worst time ever ! 30 Dec exactly, where do you get a normal shop open that sells spares at this time of the year? and I will definitely not call out an emergency plumber.


When I got into the pantry the place was under water, my first thought was that the drip try is not horizontally aligned and hence the overflow water was running into the home as I saw a little pipe outside the exterior wall as well.


Opening the geyser cover had some challenges by itself as the builders clearly never intended anyone to re-open the wooden press wood cover again (nor would I use pressed wood near water !!) at last after a big struggle I got it ripped open from all the silicon sealer used to enclose the box.

And to my SURPRISE there was no drip tray and it seems to be leaking from the element sealer. The little pipe outside the wall was directly connected to the overflow.


It is a Kwikot 150l econoflow geyser with the CODE: 04-C-5

So that relates to:
04
    Month of manufature
C    Year of manufacture (C = Year 2000, D = 2001 etc.)
5    Guarantee period in years


So for now I have closed the tap and is awaiting the second Jan or the hardware shops to re-open and will aquire a new seal to replace the one with. The results to follow...



No comments:

Post a Comment